Stock markets fell again (Nasdaq -1.3%) Tech companies led the slide, (peloton -24%, Netflix -18% post results. U.S. dollar solidified as Yields & Oil submerged, gold held on to the profits.
The markets are nervous and Risk aversion has chosen up as investors eye shaky earnings and dwindling confidence, with rising tensions over Ukraine adding to geopolitical tensions.
US Weekly Claims reached a 3-month high, EZ inflation was an ATH and North Korea said it could be resumed tests its nuclear arsenal. Asian markets and EUR & CHF lower (AUSJPY -0.62%) ASX 200 (-1.2%), Nike 225 (-1.8%).
- U.S. DOLLAR (USDIndex 95.65) ticks higher when yields fall .
- US returns 10 years moved closed 1.83% & acts at 1.785%.
- shares – US500 -50 (-1.1%) 4482 – USA500 FUTS lower back on 4467.
- US oil – Fell under $82.00 avon heights at 87.95 On Wednesday, inventories rose 0.5m versus a fall of 2.3m.
- gold – held on to the exceeded profits $1848 and holds $1838 now the 1830 keys hold support.
- Bitcoin under $40,000 back to testing $39,000,
- Forex Markets – EUR USD back to exam 1.1300 – 1.1322, USDJPY now 113.80 & cable back to 1.3570, the weekly low.
Over night – Retail sales in the UK fell -3.7%, consumer confidence 4 whole points slipped -19 and Japanese core inflation was inline at 0.5%.
European Open – US 10 Treasury yield has risen from overnight lows, Bunds are also finding buyers in opening trade and the 10-year remains reluctant to turn positive as ECB officials continue to crack down on speculation of an early rate hike End of the year and market sentiment is turning cautious across the board. DAX and FTSE100 post future losses of -1.4% and -1.1% or.
today – EZ Consumer Confidence, BoE man; ECB LagardeBoJs kuroda
Biggest FX mover @ (07:30 GMT) EURNZD (+0.66%) collected 1.6675 to break yesterday 1.6800 now. MAs aligned higher, MACD signal line and histogram higher. RSI 73 OB but still rising, H1 ATR 0.0026 Daily ATR 0.0100.